The session recording NOT for general public distribution.
Please check previous years’ blogs to see what our students have been doing at the Global Studio. You can find the blogs from then on the following links: Global Studio 2016, 2017, and 2018. Here’s a selection:
- Design by Team MONO (METU), video by Team O RLY (Hong-Ik University). Also checkout Team MONO’s design process blog. (2016)
- Design by Team elevate (Loughborough University), video by Team TAS* (METU). Also check out Team elevate’s design process blog. (2016)
- Design by Team STUDIO-LA (METU), video by Marvellous Design (Loughborough University). Also checkout TEAM STUDIO-LA’s design process blog. (2017)
- Design by Team black cat productions (Angewandte), video by Team Corgi Inc. (METU) (2017)
- Design by Team AHOY Captain (METU), video by Team MRS (UFRGS). Also checkout Team AHOY Captain’s design process blog. (2018)
- Design by Team Chess (Shibaura Institute of Technology), video by Team Dot. (METU) (2018)
You can browse the last two years’ projects from the following links:
Global Studio 2018:
- Team 1 (Turkey) + Team 7 (Japan)
- Team 2 (Turkey) + Team 8 (Japan)
- Team 3 (Turkey) + Team 9 (Italy)
- Team 4 (Turkey) + Team 10 (Brazil/UNISINOS)
- Team 5 (Turkey) + Team 11 (Brazil/UFRGS)
- Team 6 (Turkey) + Team 12 (Brazil/UFRGS)
- Team 13 (Turkey) + Team 15 (Italy)
- Team 14 (Japan) + Team 16 (Brazil/UFRGS)
Global Studio 2017:
- Team 1 (UK) + Team 11 (Spain)
- Team 2 (UK) + Team 13 (Italy)
- Team 3 (UK) + Team 24 (Italy)
- Team 4 (UK) + Team 12 (Turkey)
- Team 5 (UK) + Team 14 (Japan)
- Team 6 (UK) + Team 15 (Japan)
- Team 7 (UK) + Team 17 (Austria)
- Team 8 (UK) + Team 25 (Brazil)
- Team 9 (UK) + Team 18 (Austria)
- Team 10 (UK) + Team 19 (Austria)
- Team 20 (Austria) + Team 23 (Turkey)
- Team 21 (Austria) + Team 16 (Japan)
- Team 22 (Austria) + Team 26 (Turkey)
When providing your feedback as Clients to your Designers, please consider the following points.
The peer feedback should help your peer to take action to improve their learning
Note: Feedback should be for learning, not just evaluation of learning. It should help to close the gap between current performance and the expected standard of work, written to take into account peers’ understanding of what they are supposed to be doing.
The peer feedback should be clear, detailed and provide a specific guidance on how to improve
Note: It is important that your peer can understand the feedback you give, and to achieve this feedback should be specific about where, for example, the work is underdeveloped or where additional information can be found in the literature or in your project brief or your prior information you have provided.
The peer feedback is a forward-facing focusing by supporting building skills for future work
Note: Feedback should be constructive, not just backward-looking, with a focus on aspects of the work which are relevant to later assessments. For example, a focus on generic issues such as study skills or presentational factors helps feedback to also function as feed-forward, building skills for future work.
The peer feedback builds motivation and self-esteem
Note: Feedback should help your peer to want to learn by being encouraging and supportive in tone, and including a focus on existing strengths and, where there are weaknesses, guidance how to improve.
The peer feedback is realistic and focuses on your peers’ performance
Note: Make sure your peer realise that the feedback is about their work, rather than about them as people, with an appropriate level of challenge, asking them to do things they are able to do, not things they do not know how to do.
The peer feedback will support your peer students to develop their ability to make informed judgements on their own work
Note: The goal of feedback is enhancement of learning and improvement of future work and should therefore develop peers’ abilities to self-audit the quality of their own work
In order to explore the Global Studio theme within a broader cultural context, in this year’s project you will be working with student teams located in the following participating universities:
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia / RUDN @Moscow, Russia
- Middle East Technical University / METU @Ankara, Turkey
- Università degli Studi Suor Orsola Benincasa / @Napoli, Italy
- University of Navarra / Tecum @Pamplona, Spain
- Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul / UFRGS @Porto Alegre, Brazil
Welcome to The Global Studio.
We have just completed the first week of the 2021 activities.
The Global Studio activities are based on geographically distributed collaboration between paired students teams as well as academics from universities around the world. To enable the teams to collaborate for the lecturers to provide your with a timely support your project process activities need to be recorded via your project blogs. You will set-up your Design Team’s project blogs and you will be be responsible for keep it up-to-date following the stages of the project. These project blogs will be used by the lecturers to evaluate your learning.
Each design design team has been allocated a specific project site. Please see the team allocation list below to find out a link for your design team’s project site. In order to log onto your project site you should create your account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for queries and/or problems. For specific questions about your class please contact your lecturer.
This year’s theme is Gifting Happiness.
We expect the teams in their roles as clients to talk to their specific family members such as parents who will form the intended “users” (mothers, or fathers, of aunties or uncles), take photos, and discover their unique practices which they consider bring them “happiness”.
To develop the client brief each team will need to will summarise their analysis through visual materials such as storyboards or short movies or comics or animations. These visual materials are intended to support your allocated design teams to become familiar with your selected users’ day to day practices and to guide their design processes. Thus, you, as the local cultural expert on your selected users’ practices will need to support and guide your designers during the project.
The client teams will post the briefs including the on their allocated design teams project blogs. Finally, we will expect the client teams to make informal user tests with the users who inform the briefs and include these moments in their concluding videos and evaluations.
|Team 01 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-01/||Team 09 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-09/|
|Krasnikova Alina||Isa Molaro|
|Larina Victoria||Isabella Santi|
|Yesikova Anna||Rosalaura Vernieri|
|Kuznetsov Nikolay||Alessandra Cozzolino|
|Team 02 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-02/||Team 10 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-10/|
|Ivanova Anastasia||Mara Di Paolo|
|Filimonova Anna||Enrico Galati|
|Dolbishcheva Maria||Celia Fernandez del Valle|
|Nazaralieva Innara||Giada Saccucci|
|Ana Díaz Cadenas|
|Team 03 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-03/||Team 12 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-12/|
|Bartels Genrikh||Fernanda Namie Nogueira Nakamura|
|Asanova Nuraida||Gabriele Telh|
|Kozlova Irina||Thomas Ehlert Schaper|
|Team 04 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-04/||Team 13 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-13/|
|Khachatryan Anna||Guilherme Rampelotto Rodrigues|
|Kichanova Irina||Mateus Quevedo Baldasso|
|Chukavin Alexander||Vitória Fantin da Silva|
|Team 05 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-05/||Team 14 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-14/|
|Chugunova Anastasia||Nerea Fuentes|
|Nikolaeva Angelina||Telmo Imaz|
|Kopylova Evelina||Ana González|
|Team 06 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-06/||Team 15 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-15/|
|Isaev Andrey||Berfu Cete|
|Kudryavtseva Valeria||Mehmet Aflazi|
|Ekshina Anastasia||Asma Hameed|
|Team 07 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-07/||Team 16 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-16/|
|Solovieva Evgenia||Aya Talhi|
|Kassay Elizaveta||Fatih Paksoy|
|Loginova Polina||Melis Ercan|
|Team 08 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-08/||Team 17 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-17/|
|Maria Cecilia Bruzzone||Nazlı Deniz Erdoğan|
|Erika Abate||Tuana Toraman|
|Valentina Cirillo||Ece Şimşek|
|Aniello Di Donna||Abigail Hanna Kaelo Siahaan|
|Team 11 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-11/||Team 18 http://theglobalstudio.eu/2021-18/|
|Eduarda Ventura Correa||Cemre Ilgaz Öz|
|Martina Saatkamp Goncalves||Gülşah Şimşek|
|Pedro Henrique Rettore Macedo||Deniz Küçük|
The Global Studio facilitator are wising you a great learning experience together and enjoy working with each other.